// Approx. 40 minutes for preparation and cooking
So, this week I made dinner for my best mate and there were no sweet potatoes involved. Shocking, I know.
Anyway, I’m dead chuffed with how the recipe turned out so I thought I would share it with you all!
It is gluten free, and can easily be made vegan by not including the prawns!
What You’ll Need:
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound jumbo prawns, shelled and deveined (omit in order to make this recipe vegan friendly)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 medium courgettes, cut into noodles
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Crushed Black Pepper
- Grated parmesan cheese (substitute to make vegan: any vegan cheese available at your local supermarket)
Before You Begin Cooking:
- Using a cheese grater (if you do not have a spiraliser), create noodles from the courgettes. All you need to do is firmly press and drag the vegetable over the larger holes in the grater, just like you would with cheese!
- Chop the garlic cloves into tiny bits.
- (Alternative: Tesco sells garlic powder near the spices, which could work just as well)
- Chop up some parsley. The pieces do not need to be extraordinarily small, just enough so that they are not in very large bits.
- Place a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the olive oil and heat it for 1 minute.
- Add the garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and cook them for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and cook them, stirring as needed, until they are cooked throughout and pink all over. This took me about 8 minutes, but depending on the quality of your stove, it could take less.
- Season the shrimp with the pepper (to taste) and then remove them from the pan using a spoon with holes in.
- Increase the heat by 1-2 settings.
- Add the white wine and lemon juice to the pan.
- Using a wooden spoon, scrape any brown bits from the bottom of the pan, cooking the wine and lemon juice for 2 minutes.
- Add the courgette noodles and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes.
- Return the shrimp to the pan and toss to combine.
- Season with a bit more pepper, garnish with parsley, and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese (to taste).
Be sure to tag me on Tumblr (more like YUMblr, am I right? HA!), Twitter, Pinterest, or Instagram if you decide to try this recipe!